Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Alone to handle the world

I've recently gotten back into reading. I have been a on-again off-again reader since high school. My boyfriend was a active reader in his youth too and between the two of us we now have 4 bookshelves!! We've actually done a couple boxes of good well books with each move and have done a pretty good job of getting all the books, comics and toys down to just 4 bookshelves. 
I couldn't for the longest time understand why i wasn't more motivated to read with a 800 square foot apartment just littered with books, until now.  

I have been saving books that meant the world to me when i was 17 years old with titles like "The Perks of Being a Wallflower", "Hairstyles of the Damned", "Go Ask Alice" (or any Beatrice Sparks books), "1984", "Slaughterhouse Five", "Fahrenheit 451" and I could go on! Seriously I don't even wanna stop listing the books that defined what it meant to me to be a teenager in the late 1990's!
My taste has changed over the last 15 years (who knew? honestly i was surprised).

Here's are some books that are sitting in my Amazon cart right now. BTW, I'm currently reading "Bossypants" by Tina Fey. It's a quick read and silly, I've really been into silly lately with my behavioral disorders being worse this month. 



No comments:

Post a Comment